Friday, January 3, 2014

Token Cowboys Blog


Man what a shitty year. Which actually is identical to the past three years, but I guess this one just hurts the most. I know I promised I was staying away from the Cowboys for the next couple weeks, but I can't even win with them in Madden right now so I just felt the need to blog some fire. Despite finishing 8-8 like the two seasons before, this season felt different in the sense that I don't think Dallas has been let down as much in the past. Injuries plagued our defense and frankly there were maybe two bright spots the whole season: Dez is an animal and Jerry is one year closer to death. Dallas fans, who are notoriously fanatic about the Boys, are even not tuning into games. Dallas recently ranked 16th in the NFL in local TV ratings. For a team that is supposedly "America's Team" the Cowboys can hardly lock down their own market. And the title of "America's Team" is even up for grabs now. In a recent CBS Sports poll, the Cowboy's ranked as the most hated team in the NFL. And why should any Dallas fan be surprised? The Cowboy's are consistently in the top five in the NFL favored to win the Super Bowl at the start of the year, despite being mediocre for the last ten plus seasons. This offseason needs to be a big one. But with dwindling cap space and an ignorant fuck running the team, it's most likely up to the current squad to turn things around. Good luck with that. Of course I am super cynical now, but come this summer you bet your ass I'll quote my man Couch and simply yell from the roof tops "Cowboy's are the best team in the NFL". Here's to next year fuckers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment